Dhanwanthari Vaidyasala was established as an Ayurvedic medicine manufacturing Company in 1933. But subsequently the Treatment Division got evolved and its first IP Hospital was established at its own Head Office in Thodupuzha. Later, one more IP Hospital was started in Calicut. OP Panchakarma clinics were established in the State capital Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kottayam and Kannur. The Platinum Jubilee Block of the Hospital at Head Office started functioning in 2009 making it a 50 bedded hospital with 7 treatment rooms. It is now recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH under treatment reimbursement scheme. An additional Block is scheduled to be completed in 2011.
Treatment Division has Dhanwanthari trained Doctors and therapists with a clear focus on the curative aspect in Ayurveda. Our Chief Physician, Dr.CNN Namboothiri, is qualified and trained both in Ayurvedic and Allopathic branches of medicine. He is supported by his son, Dr.N.Satheesh Kumar, and a panel of Doctors qualified in various specialties.